Your updated source of information about Dehradun & Uttarakhand.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Face of the week



Mementos of joy 

Dehradun, February 25
Moulding metals to embellish someone’s victory or achievements in academics, sports and gallantry endeavours provides satisfaction to Kabal Singh.

“It gives immense pleasure to me when badges, medals and trophies made by us adorn the glory of defence personnel and students. The smiles on the faces of recipients of our mementos gives me satisfaction,” asserted Kabal Singh.
Singh is a Dehradun-based metal artist who runs a workshop of making trophies, medals, mementos, Army and defence badges for more than 25 years. He supplies them to all the major government organisations all over India. “We manufacture metal engravings, mementos, trophies, medals, badges, swords and name plates, which are supplied to all governmental and non-governmental organisations, including Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC), Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indo-Tibet Border Police (ITBP), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and many more,” he said.
“My work is appreciated by my clientele and, hence, which awards me with regular demand throughout the year,” he added.
Having been inspired by his father in metal work, Kabal believed: “My childhood had great impact of my father who worked for Soil Conservation Department and made rain gauge equipments from metals. My first order of metal goods by a government department gave me a profit of about Rs 30,000 that boosted my morale.”
Due to the family pressure and some domestic circumstances, Kabal could not pursue higher education. “The circumstances at that time compelled me to enter into the profession of metal crafting and prevented me to pursue higher education after completing intermediate. But I am happy that my two sons are helping me in my business as well as pursuing graduation,” he said.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment